Are you still using handwritten lists, Word documents, or emails as your Christmas list? Sure, it may be tried and true, but that’s the old-school way of doing things. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and use an Amazon Wish List instead.
There are a handful of benefits to using an Amazon Wish List as your Christmas list:
- The gifter will probably buy your gift on Amazon anyway: Coming up on last year’s Christmas, 76% of shoppers said they would do most of their Christmas shopping on Amazon. At that point, it just makes sense to have an Amazon Wish List.
- The gifter knows exactly what product you want: When you add items to your Amazon Wish List, you’ll know that the gifter will see the exact item you want, so there’s a low chance of getting the wrong gift.
- You don’t have to worry about getting the same gift twice: After someone buys something off of your wish list, it will disappear so that no one else buys the same item again.
- Your list is updated automatically when you add to it: Whenever you add a new product to your wish list, anyone with access to your list will automatically see that new product on your list.
- It’s really easy to share your list with whomever you want: All you have to do is copy the share link and give that to anyone wanting your Christmas list.
Creating an Amazon Wish List
After you’re logged into your Amazon account, start by going up to “Accounts & Lists” and then select “Your Lists.”
Up toward the top-right corner of the window, click on “Create a List” if you don’t already have one.
Next, choose “Wish List” and then give the list a name. After that, be sure to mark the list as “Private.”