Overall score: 82/100
Tested July 2019
We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
If you are willing to splash out £225 on a rugged and reliable portable speaker, the JBL Xtreme 2 will be a great choice. It has remarkable sound, loads of useful features and it won’t be damaged by any sudden rainfall.
Available from: amazon.co.uk
GHI Expert Verdict
The JBL Xtreme 2 is an impressive portable speaker perfect for using outside. The sound is crisp and powerful which will make your music sound great. And you can now make it even bigger by pairing the device with up to 100 other JBL connect+ speakers through the smartphone app. The biggest improvement on its predecessor is that the Xtreme 2 is completely waterproof. You don’t need to worry about accidentally leaving it outside or dropping it in water. Plus the battery will last you a whopping 15 hours. Our only gripe is its size. It’s too big to easily slip into your bag, so you’ll have to carry it using the included strap instead
- Dimensions: 13.6 x 28.8 x 13.2cm
- Weight: 2.39kg
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio
- Battery Life: 15 hours
- Features: Speakerphone, waterproof, JBL Connect+
- Ease of use: 4.5/5
- Design: 3.5/5
- Instructions: 4/5
- Performance: 4.2/5
- It has a noise and echo cancelling speakerphone, so you can take your calls through it without any annoying background noise
- You can charge your devices via the USB input in the back of the speaker
- The strap has a bottle opener on it which is really handy for a picnic or beach trip
We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t come with an auxiliary cable to use with devices that don’t have Bluetooth
- It takes three and a half hours to charge back up to 100%
All product information provided by the manufacturer is correct at time of publication.